I always like to reflect on the things I've learned as a new year begins, and 2019 has been a big year of learning for me! Not to mention that I've also turned 50! Here's some of my big learnings for this year...
- Everything is better when you're honest with yourself, especially in relation to feelings. We're not supposed to be happy and joyous all the time! That's why there are just as many negative emotions as there are positive ones. It's a 50/50 emotional world. We're meant to feel things like sadness, depression, anger, disapointment, just as much as we're meant to feel things like joy, love, admiration, excitement and delight. To experience ALL of our feelings, without blocking them, buffering them, ignorning them or running away from them is the way that we achieve personal growth, and feel whole again.
- Cheering for others who either have what we want or are doing the things that we want to do is the most perfect way to start having those things. Celebrating the fact that the world is abundant and the fact that there's room for all of us to have what we want is the most perfect way to move towards our dreams and goals.
- There is NO SUCH THING as "perfect". There is no perfect time to do something, there is no perfect blog post, no perfect facebook post, no perfect place and no perfect frame of mind. The upshot of this for me is to STOP WAITING, stop procrastinating, and just take action, every day, towards my goals. Some days there'll be small action and some days there'll be massive action, but there WILL be action! I love the freedom that comes from this learning!
- "Stay in your own lane"......we're all unique beings, with our own gifts to offer the world. When we focus on others and fall into "comparisonitis" and judgement (of both ourselves and others), we lose the ability to focus on our own journey. Then we become "paralysed" and "stuck". But when we remember that we are unique and we're exactly where we're meant to be, there's less room for the "negative Nellie" in our heads. From this space, we can acknowledge our gifts and our accomplishments. Then........we can go back to being just who we are, creating and doing "our own stuff". It is here that the magic happens!
- Emotional healing is actually a little simpler than I thought! I've seen many different therapists over the years, for all sorts of things. Right now I see a chiro, an acupuncturist, a massage/myotherapist and a sound healer. In the past I've worked with life coaches, counsellors, kinesiologists and energy healers. I've done women's circles, inner child workshops, emotional clearing courses, just to name a few. And I've learnt a lot. I also use a wonderful emotional clearing practice in the clinic with my clients. What I've realised though is that healing happens all the time, if we let it. We can heal lots of things when we take the time to really observe our thoughts and our feelings, and understand where they've come from. Then......we can start practicing forgiveness, and start letting things go. Such an empowering lesson for me, this one xx